What is Identity Theft?
The crime of identity theft occurs whenever a person fraudulently utilizes another individual’s personal
information for their own benefit. A single stolen identity can be used repeatedly to:
- Open new credit accounts
- Hijack existing benefit and healthcare accounts
- Empty bank accounts
- Apply for jobs and tax benefits
- Use as an alias when committing other crimes
In fact, many of the activities you do every day can put you at risk for identity theft:
- Although most sites are safe, there is always the chance for a data breach.
Visiting a doctor’s office
- Documents with names, social security numbers and addresses should be safely stored. But what if they
Using a mobile device
- Using a wireless connection, especially in a public location, can increase the risk of personal
information being hacked by identity thieves.
Mailing a letter
- Thousands of people receive and discard pre-approved credit card offers every day. Thieves without
regard to your privacy dig through trash to obtain this personal information and open fraudulent
Don’t leave yourself vulnerable to identity thieves. ID Commander the solution you need to
safeguard your good name. As long as you are enrolled in the program, we monitor your identity elements and
alert you to changes, giving you peace of mind and a proactive defense against identity theft.
© 2017 ID Commander. All rights reserved.